To reprogram your dongle you need to have the dongle plugged in, the WIBU-KEY drivers installed and the License Server installed and running.
You can download the latest version of the License Server from our web site.
If you do not have the necessary licenses on your dongle, it will have to be reprogrammed. Reprogramming a dongle is a two-part process:
Creating a .wbc file – you will need to create and send to Chaos Group a remote programming context file, which contains information identifying your specific dongle.
Updating the contents of the dongle – Chaos Group will send you a file called .rtu file which can be used to update the licenses on your dongle.
Creating a .wbc File
Make sure you are running the latest version of the License Server. You can download it from here.
Make sure your dongle is plugged in.
- Please note that in order to update your dongle using version 5.0 or later of the License Server it is necessary to access it from the same machine where the dongle is plugged in.Please keep in mind that by default the latest version of the License Server uses online licenses. It can also run with a dongle, but the dongle subsystem of the License Server has to be active at: http://localhost:30304 ( click here for more information on enabling the dongle service ). The .wbc file generator cannot be accessed unless your dongle subsystem is active.
From the DONGLE menu, choose UPGRADE.
Follow the instructions on the DONGLE REPROGRAMMING page. Click CREATE .WBC FILE NOW.
Wait until the .wbc file is generated. A confirmation screen will appear to notify you when the operation is complete. Click DOWNLOAD .WBC FILE and save the file on your machine.
Email this file to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your company and order information.
Updating the Contents of the Dongle
The support team at Chaos Group will use your “.wbc” file to generate one or more “.rtu” files and send them back to you. Each “.rtu” file is named with the serial number of the dongle that it is intended for. You can find the dongle serial number on its sticker.
When you receive the “.rtu” file, save it on the machine where the dongle with the same serial number is plugged-in.
You need to make sure your dongle is disabled. To disable it from within the License Server, select DISABLE from the DONGLE menu.
Double-click the saved “.rtu” file. You will be asked to confirm the transfer on the dongle. Click Yes to update your dongle.
Re-enable the dongle from the License Server by selecting ENABLE DONGLE.
- When you receive the .rtu file, save it on the machine where the dongle with the same serial number is plugged-in.
- Then open Finder and navigate to /Applications/WIBUKEY/ folder and start WkConfig. The utility requires Java Runtime version 6 or higher to be installed. You will be prompted to install it if it is not already available on the system:
- Go to the Update tab in the WkConfig window, chose Execute Update and select the .rtu file that you have received:
- The license will be upgraded shortly – you can monitor the progress status in the License Server's web interface at http://localhost:30304 in a browser.
In case you experience difficulties with the Java installation or the upgrade through the WkConfig utility you can use the following command in a Terminal to upgrade the licenses on the dongle:
When you receive the “.rtu” file, save it on the machine where the dongle with the same serial number is plugged in.
You need to make sure your dongle is disabled. To disable it from within the License Server, select DISBALE from the DONGLE menu.
From a terminal window, enter the command:
The <full_path_to_the_.rtu_file> is the name and location of the .rtu file that you have received from Chaos Group. For example: /home/<userName>/Desktop/myFIle.rtu
Open the http://localhost:30304 in a browser and re-enable the dongle subsystem by selecting ENABLE DONGLE.at
After the dongle is reprogrammed, you can check if the new licenses have been added successfully on the HOME page of the License Server interface.