This lesson gives a sample lesson plan for involving the V-Ray Instancer module into a lecture.
- The V-Ray Instancer works in tandem with the V-Ray Proxy so it takes advantage of the Dynamic Geometry method for handling geometry
- You may show some images of scenes where many copies of one or more objects are scattered around.
- Bushes or other vegetation
- Shells on a beach
- Cars in a parking lot
- Cover the subject of instancing – i.e. when you have may instances of an object it is loaded into the memory only once
- The settings of the V-Ray Instancer are very simple to explain but the workflow needs to be shown in action
- In this cycle, you can use the provided scene and handout to demonstrate how to use the V-Ray Instancer
- In this cycle, you are going to let your students experiment with the provided scene. You may want to give them the provided handout to use as a guideline