This section contains links to Geometry objects and tools in V-Ray for Maya.
V-Ray for Maya adds a number of geometry objects and tools for use with V-Ray. See the links below for more information.
Geometry objects and tools are available from a number of places in the user interface, most commonly from Create menu > VRay or the V-Ray Shelf.
V-Ray provides a number of tools that create virtual geometry in the scene that looks like real geometry at render time, as opposed to actual meshes.
- Proxy Objects - Stand-ins for geometry.
- Procedural Fur - Render-time fur on an existing mesh.
- Infinite Plane - A virtual plane that always extends beyond the camera view.
- Metaballs and Iso-Surfaces - Blobby surfaces that extend around and between existing objects, which depend on the underlying objects for their shape.
- Section Clipper - A virtual plane for clipping geometry at render time.
- VRayRenderableCurve - Turns a curve into a renderable object.
These V-Ray tools modify geometry.
Tools and Utilities
In addition, several tools and utilities are available in the Geometry Tools and Utilities section.