This page describes the various Extra V-Ray Attributes available in V-Ray for Maya and provides links to documentation for these features.
V-Ray for Maya provides a number of extra attributes for controlling various aspects of the scene and rendering process. These attributes enhance existing V-Ray scene elements by providing additional controls.
- Mesh Attributes affect polygonal objects, mostly as render-time effects rather than affecting the actual geometry.
- NURBS Surface Attributes control the conversion of a NURBS object to a mesh at render time to increase rendering speed or conserve memory.
- Particle Attributes add parameters for Maya particle systems.
- Transform Attributes provide a few extra parameters for an object, such as excluding it from rendering.
Lights and Cameras
Materials and Shading
- Fluid Attributes add extra control for Maya fluids.
- Hair Attributes provide parameters to optimize Maya hair for rendering with V-Ray.
- Bifrost Attributes adds controls for Bifrost simulations.
- Placement Attributes adds controls to 2d Placement and 3d placement nodes
- Surface Luminance Attributes adds controls to Maya's Surface Luminance node