This page provides an overview of Extra Packages in V-Ray for Modo.
You can add extra V-Ray channel packages to existing Modo types to control certain elements of the rendering related to V-Ray. The commands for adding and removing these packages can be accessed through the V-Ray menu in the Menu bar or from the V-Ray Toolbar or Toolbox.
The following V-Ray packages can be added:
- V-Ray Geometry Properties – Applied to meshes. Offers options for object IDs, subdivision, displacement, motion blur, etc.
- V-Ray Object Properties – Applied to shaders. Provides controls for surface properties, matte properties, etc.
- V-Ray Light Settings – Applied to native Modo lights. Gives finer control to lighting options and can improve renderings. See the Lights page for more information.
- V-Ray Render Settings – Applied to the Render item. Enables a wide variety of V-Ray Rendering options.
- V-Ray Physical Camera – Applied to standard Modo cameras. Adds extra functionality and real-world parameters, such as F-stop and lens focal length.
- V-Ray Sun/Sky – Applied to Modo directional lights. Reproduces realistic sun and sky environments. See the V-Ray Sun and Sky page for more information.
- V-Ray Camera – Applied to standard Modo cameras. Adds camera overrides and additional controls for V-Ray motion blur, V-Ray Stereoscopic, and V-Ray Clipping Planes.
- V-Ray Motion Samples – Applied to Modo Replicators. Provides overrides for motion blur.