This page discusses the render settings in V-Ray for Houdini.
The V-Ray Renderer (vray) node contains a multitude of options for V-Ray. These settings include rendering speed and quality, global overrides, indirect illumination, caustics, and distributed rendering.
Additional rendering settings related to environment overrides can be accessed from the V-Ray Environment (env) node.
||out Network|| > V-Ray > V-Ray Renderer
||out Network|| > V-Ray > V-Ray Environment
||shop Network|| > V-Ray Material node > V-Ray > Environment > Environment Settings
V-Ray Renderer Node
Render to Disk – Starts a V-Ray render.
Controls... – Launches the Houdini Render Control window.
Valid Frame Range – Specifies the frame(s) to render.
Render Current Frame – Renders the current frame.
Render Frame Range – Renders frames from the specified range set below as well as other frames if they are referenced by in-range frames.
Render Frame Range Only (Strict) – Only renders the frames in the specified range set below.
Start/End/Inc – Specifies the range of frames to render (start frame, end frame, and increment).
Render With Take – Renders using the settings from a specified take.
Camera – Specifies the camera to render from. The camera specified by this path must be a valid camera object in the scene, otherwise nothing will be rendered and an error will be logged in the console.
Override Camera Resolution – When enabled, the camera's resolution will be overridden, and the resolution specified from the V-Ray Renderer will be used instead.
Bake to Texture – When enabled, exposes the Bake tab which contains the Texture Baking controls for the Renderer. V-Ray will produce an image in UV space instead of rendering through the specified camera.
Environment – Specifies the Environment ROP to use with the current Renderer. Multiple V-Ray Renderer nodes can link to the same Environment.
V-Ray Renderer Tabs
- Export – The Export tab provides cloud and IPR rendering options, as well as setting .vrscene export and selecting the rendering engine (GPU, CPU).
- Images – Controls the output render image settings.
- Renderer – The Renderer tab holds a number of important settings defining the final V-Ray output.
- Effects – V-Ray Volumetric effects can be controlled from this tab.
- Objects – This tab is standard for Houdini. For more information, visit Houdini's documentation.
- Script – Here are listed some V-Ray related script examples. This tab is standard for Houdini. For more information, visit Houdini's documentation.