Date – Feb. 27, 2019
Download – Build 4.11.01
Complete Changelog at Release Date
- Fixed a bug causing incorrect Motion Blur with animated cameras - objects inheriting the same transformations as the camera should render sharp while static objects / objects moving at a different speed should be blurred. This behavior was reversed.
- Fixed a bug causing objects becoming invisible during a sequence render to persist in the rendered image.
- Fixed a bug causing no motion blur when rendering with Deadline.
- Fixed a bug causing significant render time increase with Packed Primitives when the "Pack and Instance" option on a Copy to Points SOP is enabled.
- Fixed a bug on Linux causing points with no material assignment to inherit materials from other scene objects.
- Fixed a bug causing V-Ray to render the incorrect object in animation when an animated switch node is used at the SOP level.
- Fixed a bug causing Camera Overscan / Screen Window Size to be ignored.
- Fixed a bug preventing the sequential rendering of HIP files in batch mode through Python
- Fixed a bug causing wrong Velocity render channel export
- Added support for shading based on the rest coordinates of a mesh when using the TriPlanar texture. The TriPlanar texture will now look for a Reference Mesh or Rest Attributes on the Object Properties of the Geometry node.
- Fixed a bug causing no support for image sequence textures.
- Added support for the Surface Luminance Texture which returns the light intensity for the current shading point.
- Fixed a bug causing the Falloff Texture to only work in the Towards / Away mode.
- Fixed a bug causing V-Ray to ignore the normals of geometry loaded through the Alembic SOP
- Fixed a bug causing incorrect looping behavior when loading an Alembic file through the V-Ray Proxy SOP.
- Added an Enabled in Viewport toggle to the V-Ray Dome Light so the gizmo and the dome texture visibility can be disabled for the Viewport only
- Changed the default V-Ray Renderer path for the IPR node to "../vray" instead of "/out/vray"
- Changed the V-Ray Renderer's File Path parameter under the Images tab to be of type "file" instead of type "string".
- Added a missing 'Use Local Machine' toggle for Distributed Rendering.
- Fixed a crash caused by changes to the Houdini API with release 16.0.416 - setting the Render Device of the V-Ray Renderer ROP to GPU would crash Houdini.
- Fixed a bug causing the VRayViewportTex.hda to incorrectly handle UV manipulations.
- Renamed the "Disable Self-Illumination" toggle in the Options tab to Disable Light Materials Illumination.
- Added support for custom attributes in the shading networks of materials applied to V-Ray Proxy objects.
- Added support for per-point UVs for curves
- Fixed a bug causing a difference in the exported VRScene Node IDs between GUI and Batch rendering.
- Fixed a bug causing some BRDF Hair 4 parameters to be ignored during export
- Fixed an edge-case bug causing a significant slowdown when using the s@instancepath attribute.
- Fixed a bug causing a significant slowdown when using the s@instancepath attribute with Motion Blur enabled.
- Added a "Force Append Frame Number" option under V-Ray Renderer ROP → Images → Advanced to resolve an issue with the default naming of Render Elements. Removing $F from the Output File Name and enabling the "Force Append Frame Number" will now export fileName.RE_Name.$F.extension.
- Fixed a bug causing incorrect Glossiness Render Element output. The Glossiness menu entry has been removed from the Color Channel ROP and a separate Glossiness ROP has been added.
- Fixed a bug causing the Viewport Preview of the U/V Size parameter to be incorrectly scaled by a factor of two.
- Fixed a bug causing the automatically generated UVs for the V-Ray Rect Light to be incorrectly scaled by a factor of two.
- Fixed a bug preventing the export of the use_rect_tex parameter of the V-Ray Rect Light.
- Added support for the User Color texture when using a V-Ray Mesh Light.
- Fixed a crash in Houdini 17.0.416 when selecting GPU as the Render Device on Linux
- Fixed a bug causing Houdini to hang indefinitely on Linux when using the interrupt button to stop animation rendering on Linux.
- Fixed a crash caused by the 'Use Embree for Hair' option on the V-Ray Renderer ROP when rendering splies.
- Fixed a bug causing Houdini variables (e.g. '$F4' ) to be ignored when changing frames in IPR
- Added support for rendering instanced native Houdini volumetrics.
- Optimized VRScene export in the case where a single File SOP pointing to the VDB data on disk is present inside the Geometry container. In this case, the VDB data will be loaded through the V-Ray Volume Grid Cache node rather than being baked into the VRScene.
- Fixed a bug preventing the rendering of volumetrics in IPR.
- Fixed a bug preventing the rendering of volumetrics with Motion Blur due to incorrect vtex=AColor(0, 0, 0, 1) parameter export to the VRScene
- Added support for direct rendering of Houdini native volumetrics and VDBs. The process of importing a cached sequence through a Volume Grid Cache SOP is no longer the only option for rendering volumetric effects with V-Ray for Houdini. Note that the voxel data is baked into the VRScene files when the Volume Grid Cache SOP is not used.
- Fixed a bug causing wrong bounding box information for volumes loaded through the Volume Grid Cache SOP.
- Added support for re-directing the Houdini Console output to a log file on disk using the VRAY_FOR_HOUDINI_LOG_FILE_NAME and VRAY_FOR_HOUDINI_LOG_FILE_PATH environment variables.
- Fixed a bug causing V-Ray GPU to ignore Per-Primitive material assignments.
- The LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable is no longer required.
- Fixed a bug causing incorrect behavior when using the MtlWrapper.
- Fixed a bug causing the V-Ray Proxy Import SOP to load an incorrect first frame when rendering Alembic files holding transforming or deforming geometry.
- Fixed a bug causing no Bitmap Aperture Texture export to the VRScene.
- Added support for the V-Ray Volume Scatter material.
- Fixed a bug causing a missing output slot on the V-Ray Volume Scatter material.
- Fixed a bug preventing the use of geometry attributes to drive displacement.