This page provides information on how to speed up renders with the CAD data file.
Often, the exported CAD data file includes information for the material tags. Those tags can be numerous, which can slow the rendering. They can also make Modo and V-Ray for Modo unresponsive.
To fix the issue, first clear out the tags, as explained in the section below.
Clearing Out the Tags
1. Open Modo and import the CAD data file.
2. From the Select menu at the top, choose Item Types, and then Meshes. It selects all meshes in the scene file.
3. From the Geometry menu at the top, choose Polygon, and then Set Part ... This clears out the tags.
4. Now you can render faster.
5. Download the LXM file and paste it to your config file (located in %AppData%\Luxology\Configs\ on Windows 10). You can use the script as a command-line or make a shortcut.