This guide is to serve as a reference for installation of V-Ray for Revit.
If you experience any problems, please contact our support team.
A complete installation of V-Ray for Revit consists of:
- V-Ray license server
- Online Licensing Documentation
In order to complete a full installation of V-Ray for Revit, you need to run the provided installer.
The V-Ray license server and the link to set up the license will be automatically installed.
Installing V-Ray for Revit
To install V-Ray for Revit make sure your Windows account has administrative privileges and double-click the installer to run it:
|Revit Version||Installer Name|
|Revit 2019 x64||vray_adv_37001_revit_win_x64.exe|
|Revit 2018 x64||vray_adv_37001_revit_win_x64.exe|
|Revit 2017 x64||vray_adv_37001_revit_win_x64.exe|
|Revit 2016 x64||vray_adv_37001_revit_win_x64.exe|
|Revit 2015 x64||vray_adv_37001_revit_win_x64.exe|
To complete the installation follow these steps:
1.You will be presented with the V-Ray licensing agreement. Please read carefully the agreement. Click the I agree button, when done, to proceed:
2. Next, you can select Revit version you wish to install V-Ray for. You can also opt-in for the latest version of V-Ray Swarm.
3. At this step, the installer detects the root folder automatically. You see the following options:
a. Specify installation paths – please check if the default folders are correct.
b. V-Ray Swarm Enabled - Turns V-Ray Swarm on or off. If you have clicked the V-Ray Swarm Enable, you will be able to adjust some installation settings:
c. Don't use local machine – Enabling Don't use local machine will exclude the local machine from rendering; however, Swarm will continue using a small percentage of the local machine's resources to communicate with the nodes.
d. Goal – Sets the desired percentage of utilization of available resources. Computers added or removed to V-Ray Swarm will be taken into account automatically.
e. Network Discovery – controls how a Master Node is selected. The Master Swarm Node is the machine which can communicate with the greatest number of render node machines. By default, V-Ray Swarm's Network Discovery is set to use auto-discovery.
Auto-Discovery - On/Off
f. Tags - Tags allow you to tag this node with a descriptor that defines something about the machine, which we can later use to selectively control from inside of Revit.
When Tags are being selected, they should be separated with a comma.
g. If you have disabled the Auto-Discovery option, you will be able to adjust some installation settings. For more information about Auto-Discovery and Configuration please visit the V-Ray Swarm page.
h. Master Swarm Node IP – allows the custom configuration of the Master Node. This option is suitable if there are more than one subnet on the LAN, or if you want to dedicate one or more machines to be Master Nodes.
You can either enter only the IP address or the IP along with the port (note that the syntax is IP:port).
4. The following screen gives you the option to install the License Server and choose how are you going to connect to it – specifies whether the V-Ray license server will run locally or on another machine.
5. Click Install Now to begin the installation.
6. Your installation is completed. On the last screen resides the usage statistics collection option. For more information on statistics data collection, visit the Chaos Group Telemetry page. You can also open the release notes after the installation and check out the new features.
7. Click Finish to complete the installation.
If you opt-in to install V-Ray Swarm and V-Ray License Server, note that separate windows for those installations will appear.
For more information, see how to set up your license.