This guide serves as a reference for downloading and installing V-Ray for Unreal.
Downloading V-Ray for Unreal
You can download the latest official version of V-Ray for Unreal from http://www.chaosgroup.com with the account supplied to you by Chaos Group or your reseller.
Go to Downloads and enter your account credentials:
Filter the results to find the V-Ray for Unreal product. Click on the Download for Windows x64 and save the VRayForUnreal.exe file.
Installing V-Ray for Unreal
A complete installation of V-Ray for Unreal consists of:
- V-Ray license server
- Online Licensing Documentation
A full installation of V-Ray for Unreal can be completed by running the provided installer.
The License server and the link to set up the license will be automatically installed.
Before installing V-Ray for Unreal, please make sure you do not have the Unreal Editor or the Epic Launcher running.
To install V-Ray for Unreal make sure your Windows account has administrative privileges and double-click VRayForUnreal.exe to run the installer:
To complete the installation follow these steps:
1. You will be presented with the END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT. Please take a moment to review the agreement. Click the I Agree button to proceed:
2. Next, you can select the installation type. The installer should automatically detect the root folder for the versions of Unreal you have selected. You can also choose to customize the installation. If you choose to install V-Ray as Standalone render slave, then the Customize button will become unavailable and V-Ray will be installed in C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\V-Ray for Unreal.
3. If you have selected the Workstation installation, you will see the full list of customizable settings:
a. Install V-Ray for Unreal Engine 4.XX– specifies the version of Unreal Engine, for which V-Ray will be installed.
c. Unreal Engine 4.XX plugins location – specifies the path of the Plugins folder.
4. After you choose the installation type you can click the Next button and adjust the additional installation settings:
License Server X.X.X - enable this to install the License Server along with V-Ray for Unreal.
How are you going to connect to the V-Ray license server? – specifies whether the License Server will run locally or on another machine within your network.
Selected the Remote V-Ray license server on the network option requires filling in the IP address of the machine where the License Server is running on your network in the field Primary License Server. It is recommended to leave port 30304 unchanged.
5. Click Install Now to begin the installation.
6. If the installation was successful, you can press the Finish button.
The License Server installation window will appear once the V-Ray installation has finished.
See the set up your license page for more information on the license setup.