This guide is to serve as a reference for the installation of V-Ray Swarm.
If you experience any problems, please contact the Chaos Group Support team.
In order to use V-Ray Swarm, you need at least one additional machine with Swarm installed.
|The machine from which the a job is submitted from cannot be used as a Va V-Ray Swarm render node machine.|
Type of machines
Minimum Number of Machines
V-Ray for host application* installation
V-Ray Swarm installation
|Machines to start the rendering||1||Required||Not required|
|Distributed rendering machines||1||Not required||Required|
1) Please read over the license agreement. To continue with the installation process, click the I Agree button.
2) If you choose to accept the default installation parameters, then click the Install Now button.
Windows Default Install path - C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray Swarm
3) If you need to set up license and Network discovery settings, click the Customize button.
Rendering with V-Ray Swarm requires V-Ray 3.0 Render Node license. Fill in the IP address/port of the machine where V-Ray license server is running.
You can set a custom TTL value from within the V-Ray Swarm Installer. This option can also be changed after the installation by opening the swarm-config.json file located in V-Ray Swarm's work folder. Once opened, navigate to the ttl option and set a new value. Please note that swarm-config.json will not be generated unless V-Ray Swarm's settings are changed from the default ones.
4) By default, V-Ray Swarm's Network Discovery is set up to auto-discover machines on the network. If the Use auto-discovery option is disabled, the custom configuration of the manually set Master Node becomes available. This option is suitable if there is more than one subnet in the LAN or if you want to dedicate one or more machines to be Master Nodes. You may choose three machines as master nodes: one primary Master Node (Master node IP) and two alternate Master Nodes.
After you are done, click the Install Now button.
5) The installation process is now complete. Click the Finish button.