– Some details in indirect lighting can be lost or blurred due to the interpolation.
– If low settings are used, flickering may occur when rendering animations.
– Requires additional memory.
– The resulting irradiance map is view-dependent.
– Indirect illumination with motion-blurred moving objects is not entirely correct and may lead to noise (although in most cases this is not noticeable).
– Irradiance Map GI is not supported with V-Ray GPU engine.
The choice of method to use depends on the task at hand. See the examples below.