This page gives an overview of the Render Elements available in V-Ray that contain lighting information.
V-Ray Lighting Render Elements provide a comprehensive set of individual channels, each containing a separate component of lighting from the scene. Each element can be individually adjusted during the compositing phase, to change the Beauty pass as desired without the need for re-rendering.
The Lighting Render Elements are:
- Lighting (vrayRE_Lighting) - Stores direct lighting information from lights in the scene, including the diffuse contribution.
- Light Select (vrayRE_Light_Select) - Stores direct lighting information from user-selected lights in the scene; can also be limited to the light's raw, diffuse, or specular contribution.
- Raw Lighting (vrayRE_Raw_Light) - Stores the effects of direct lighting on scene objects without the diffuse contribution.
- Total Lighting (vrayRE_Total_Light) - Stores the effects of both direct and indirect lighting on materials in the scene, including the diffuse contribution.
- Raw Total Lighting (vrayRE_Raw_Total_Light) - Stores the sum of both direct and indirect lighting in the scene without the diffuse contribution.
Render Element Examples
Lighting can be be added or subtracted at a composite level using Lighting Render Elements.
Lighting can be color corrected.
When using the light select render element, lights can effectively be turned on and off at a composite level without re-rendering.