The Scene Analyzer is a built-in tool that checks the compatibility of your scene for rendering in Chaos Cloud before submission.
The Scene Analyzer is located on the Submit to Chaos Cloud rendering window that appears when you submit a scene to Chaos Cloud through 3ds Max.
Clicking the Analyze button will scan your scene and print out information about any textures, materials, plug-ins and assets, incompatible with Chaos Cloud. The Preview button will scan your scene and run a preview of it with V-Ray Standalone.
You can switch between viewing the error origins and the scene elements using the View by error origins and View by scene elements buttons. Double-clicking on any of the unsupported nodes will open and highlight it within its corresponding window (Material Editor, Scene View, etc.).
Export animation – Enables the export of animation to Chaos Cloud.
Frame range – Specifies how to obtain the frame range.
Frame range – Specifies a Start frame and End frame manually.
Scene Animation range – Exports the animation frames already set in the 3ds Max scene.
Preview – Renders a local preview with V-Ray Standalone which is the closest approximation to the render output from Chaos Cloud. The Width and Height parameters of the Local preview only affect the V-Ray Standalone preview.
The Preview and Submit buttons will also run the Scene Analyzer and print out any relevant information.
Shortcuts and multi-selection
The Scene Analyzer also supports various multi-selection features and shortcuts that can be utilized in the following ways:
- Left-click – Selects a single item and deselects all previous selections.
- Shift + left-click – Selects a range of items in a single branch. The range is between the currently selected item and the previously single-selected item.
- Ctrl + left-click – Selects cumulatively. If an item is already selected, clicking on it again deselects it.
- Ctrl + Shift + left-click – Selects a range of items and adds them to the current selection.
Context menu related (right-click):
- On selected item(s) - Displays the context menu for the selected items.
- On non-selected item - Selects the item and displays the context menu for it.
- On empty area with Ctrl-down - Displays the context menu for all currently selected items.
- On an empty area - Removes the selection.
- Selects the item and opens the corresponding material or node within the material editor or the scene view(s).
- Copies the current text selection to the Windows clipboard.