This page provides a list of additional references for lighting, shading, and rendering concepts used by V-Ray.
These pages cover some basic concepts regarding physically-based lighting, shading, and rendering. Understanding these concepts will help you use V-Ray tools to their full potential.
The following topics are covered:
- Adaptive Sampling - Covers the basics of adaptive sampling. V-Ray is an adaptive sampling engine.
- Basic Ray Tracing - The basic concept of ray tracing used throughout V-Ray.
- Classification of GI Methods - The technical details behind various global illumination techniques.
- Displacement Mapping - Explains displacement mapping, a technique for adding geometric detail to surfaces at render time, as implemented by V-Ray.
- Indirect Illumination - A comparison of the global illumination methods offered by V-Ray.
- Glossary - Definitions of technical terms used in V-Ray documentation.