V-Ray for Rhino Install Guide 2.0.pdf
- A computer with Rhinoceros® version 4.0 or 5.0 32- or 64-bit version.
- Windows XP or Windows Vista, Windows 7, 32- or 64-bit versions (64-bit is recommended);
- Intel Penium IV or compatible processor with SSE2 support (dual Pentium IV or AMD Opteron or later recommended);
- 128 MB RAM and 350 MB swap minimum - recommended 4 GB or more RAM, 4 GB or more swap file.
Running the Installation
Double-click on the installation file and follow the instructions. Note that the 64-bit installation of V-Ray will run only under a 64-bit operating system. The 32-bit installation will run under both 32- and 64-bit OSes. During the installation process you will be prompted for the root directory of Rhino, a directory where to install the V-Ray plugin files and a folder where to install additional files required by V-Ray.
Refer to the licensing section for information on how to set up your license once the installation is complete.
Please check the installation PDF guide for detailed installation instructions and troubleshooting.
Installing Distributed Rendering
You don't need to set up the render client, since it automatically takes part in the DR. You don't need to have Rhino installed on the render servers. For the render servers, follow the steps below. For more detailed instructions and trouble-shooting, please check the installation PDF guide.
1. Install the V-Ray distributed rendering spawner and the command line render spawner tool on all the render servers that you want to use for DR.
2. While render servers do not require a separate license in order to render, you must tell V-Ray where to look for the V-Ray license server. You can do this with the small external program setvrlserviceXX.exe, which can be accessed from the Start menu (Start menu > Programs > Chaos Group > V-Ray for Rhino > Licensing > Administration > Change V-Ray client license settings). See the licensing section for more information on how to set up the license for render servers.
3. On each render server, start the file vrayspawnerXX.exe (where XX is 60 ). The V-Ray installer creates a shortcut to this file in the Start menu (Start menu > Programs > Chaos Group > V-Ray for Rhino > Distributed rendering > Launch the Distributed Rendering spawner.
That concludes the installation of V-Ray DR on the render servers. You don't need to start the vrayspawnerXX.exe file on the client machine, since it automatically takes part in the distributed rendering.
See the Distributed Rendering section for more information.